Arthrosis of the foot as an incredibly insidious disease
According to medical terminology, arthrosis of the footis a disease in which gradually the cartilaginous tissue is destroyed, and the soft tissues in the joint become inflamed. A person suffers from constant pain in the foot, can not move independently and even become a swollen leg. When you touch the metatarsophalangeal joint, the hand feels an increased temperature of the joint, and the skin at the site of inflammation has redness.
The reasons why arthrosis of the foot can develop are:
- Wearing too narrow shoes, which for a long time squeezes the leg, leading to its deformation and inflammation.
- Lack of nutrients in the diet. Osteoarthritis can occur literally from nothing under conditions of active washing away of calcium from the body. For example, alcohol, coffee, sweets, soda contribute to such washing out.
- High load on the joint, which provokedits inflammation. These can be jumps from a great height, some kind of long work with weights, and even active sports without proper precautions.
- Injury of the joint, its physical damage, as well as the recurrence of old injuries.
- Predisposition to diseases with arthrosis due to impaired metabolism.
- Excess weight, which can gradually literally deform the joint.
As a result of these reasons, the normal supply of blood to the foot and, in particular, the metatarsophalangeal joint is disturbed, as a result of which the arthrosis of the foot gradually develops.
Symptoms of this disease are as follows:
- Swelling of the joint, which can spread beyond its limits.
- Pain that occurs not only when you touch the joint, but also on its own. Man can get rid of it only with the help of anesthetics.
- Redness of the foot in the area of the metatarsophalangeal joint. The skin in this place becomes shiny, stretched.
- The touch is hotter than the whole body.
- The foot is limited in movement. A person can not walk normally, because the joint does not bend.
The main means of diagnosing arthrosisfoot is radiography. In the picture, an experienced doctor may notice certain changes in the surface of the joint. In particular, the articular cleft may be narrowed.
The whole danger, which arthrosis of the foot represents,lies in the fact that this disease can develop for a very long time without causing a person special trouble. Consequently, he does not go to the hospital at the initial stages of arthrosis, but when he can not walk anymore. Therefore it is very important to know - how to treat arthrosis of the foot when it only made itself felt.
The main methods of treatment include:
- Use of non-steroid medicationsanti-inflammatory actions that help relieve pain and reduce inflammation. These drugs include ibuprofen, piroxicam, indomethacin and some others.
- Taking medications that can improve metabolic processes in the tissues of cartilage.
- Physiotherapy. These are magnetotherapy, electrophoresis, UHF irradiation, phonophoresis with ultrasound, laser irradiation of low power.
- With the low efficiency of the above methods, injection into the joint of steroid injections can be used.
In an extreme case, when there is simply no other way out, surgical intervention in the joint is performed.
Arthrosis of the joint is very insidious and complexa disease that can lead to complete immobility and disability. Therefore it is very important not to allow its occurrence. For the prevention, you can recommend walking barefoot on the grass, performing special exercises to improve normal circulation in the feet, replenishing the lack of calcium and phosphorus in the body.