Do I need a permit for pneumatic weapons?
When a desire arises to purchase pneumatic weapons, the question arises as to permission, does it really need it? Let's look at this question in more detail. In order to take responsibility for carrying a weapon, you need to know a few rules that will definitely help you not to get into unpleasant situations.
First, when choosing a pneumatic weapon, it is necessary to determine its type. There are three types, so to speak, three categories of airguns.
- The first type includes such samples, whose muzzle energy does not exceed 3 J. Do you need permission for an air gun? Such weapons, as a rule, can be sold to you without any permission or other documents, as they are sold in the usual stores accessible to any person.
- The second category of weapons includes samples whose muzzle energy fluctuates between 3 J-7.5 J. Samples of this type are sold in specialized stores, which are required to have a license.Do not buy goods of this type on the Internet ever, otherwise at the first police inspection you may be fined and brought to responsibility under the article “Illegal possession of weapons”.
- Another thing is if your pneumatic device, that is, a weapon, has a muzzle energy that is 7 J-25 J. In this case, it can be sold to you only if the following conditions are met:
- If you have already reached the age of majority;
- You must be a member of the hunting community;
- You need to provide a medical certificate.
And only if all the conditions are met, you will be granted a license. After that, you can buy weapons in specialized stores.