How to catch a float rod?
Watch the video
Fishing for a regular fishing rod with a float is a lesson available even for children and novice anglers. Even a person who has never held a bait in his hands will cope with this task. Want to try? Then we will tell you how to catch on the float rod.
Preparation for fishing
For this kind of fishing you will need a regular fishing pole with a float. It is assembled from a sliding rod, fishing line, float, sinker and hook. Collect the street, tying a fishing line to it. Place a float on the line, which should move freely along the line to regulate the depth of fishing. At a distance of 10-20 cm from the end of the fishing line, tie the sinker, which is necessary so that the hook with the nozzle drops to the bottom. Tie a fishing hook to the end of the fishing line.
As a nozzle, you can use earthworms or manure worms, moldy molds, steamed pearl barley, corn grains, rolled crumb into a ball. It all depends on what kind of fish you are going to catch.
It would be nice to stock up on top dressing - ready, bought in a fishing store or cooked by yourself.
Process of catching
- Spread the rod. Pull the fishing line to approximately the length of the fishing rod. Fix the float at a distance of about 30-60 cm from the hook - it depends on the depth of the reservoir in the place of fishing. Attach hook to bait.
- Hold the fishing rod in one hand, the other end of the fishing line with a hook.
- With a sharp, but smooth movement of both hands from yourself, throw the hook into the water.
- Pull the fishing rod towards you so that the line is not stretched.
- If the float took the right position (did not drown, did not lay on its side, but stood upright), then you can start catching. If the float sinks or lies on its side, then adjust the depth by raising or lowering the float closer to the hook.
- Now calmly wait for a bite.
- As soon as the float starts to twitch, sink or smoothly go to the side, with a sharp movement of the fishing rod up and to the side, pull the fishing line out of the water.
- If the fish is large, then lead it to the shore without taking it out of the water. At the shore, catch it with a net and only then remove it from the hook.
That's all the wisdom. If you have any questions. Then read our articles: