How to choose a sewing machine?
Sewing machine - the purchase is quite serious andTherefore, the choice of the machine should be approached with knowledge of the matter. Previously, sewing machines were very popular: it was easier for people to buy cloth from a store, cut out the thing and stitch it on a home sewing machine. Especially it helped women of a dense physique, which it was difficult to buy things of a large size because of their absence on the market. Now it is gradually disappearing into the past and all due to the fact that the stores provided a huge selection of bed linens, men's and women's clothing and other accessories. You rarely meet a person who would keep the fashionable Singer at home someday, but still there are people who still carry on the sewing process. Also, handmade goods are very much appreciated, and in the market their cost is much higher than the factory price. So, how to choose a sewing machine and what it is necessary to know the beginning seamstress in this matter?
Types of sewing machines
If you decide to choose a sewing machine for your home, then you need to know what types of cars are. Among modern sewing machines distinguish:
- Electromechanical sewing machines. This type includes the most simple in design machines, which, as a rule, have electric drive and manual control. Such a machine can usually perform up to 20 operations and all adjustments are selected by the seamstress using a certain wheel in front of the device. Anyone can work on such machines, since their management does not require special skills and abilities.
- Electronic sewing machines. These machines are equipped with a microprocessor, through which all operations are performed while sewing. Usually they have an electronic control unit and a liquid crystal display (it shows the sewing mode, type of fabric, type of needle, stitch length, tips during operation). Such a machine is much more expensive, since it can sew forward-backward and right-to-left, and also perform various decorative seams, embroider patterns, letters of the alphabet and numbers. In the memory of the processor of the machine you can load your own drawings.
- Sewing and embroidery electronic machines. Usually they are equipped with a special embroidery unit and can perform up to 500 operations. The needle in these machines is moving in different directions. You can purchase special software on the typewriter and connect it to a computer, and some of these machines can connect to the Internet to load additional embroidery from the sites.
- Overlocks. These machines cut and process the crumbling edges of the fabric. This machine is very narrow specialization: in one pass it is able to cut and sweep the edge.
Based on your own desires, you can decide for yourself which sewing machine to choose.
Technical characteristics of machines
When buying a sewing machine, the buyer needs to know which set of operations a particular model can perform. So, what technical subtleties should be taken into account when acquiring a "sewing friend"?
- number of lines (it can vary from 5 to 100 kinds; moreover, the more of them, the easier it will be to work on the typewriter, as it will allow you to adjust to any type of fabric);
- loops (modern machines perform up to 10 kinds of loops, and electronic machines can memorize a loop made by a seamstress once, and sew in the future with these loops as much as necessary);
- shuttle device;
- drive power (determined automatically);
- adjustment of presser foot pressure and thread tension;
- sewing speed and the possibility of sewing in the opposite direction;
- raising / lowering the needle;
- automatic thread trimming and threader;
- Upper and additional tissue conveyor;
- sewing adviser (electronic system of tips);
- a table for increasing the working surface;
- quilting (technique of decorative fastening of products);
- patchwork (sewing from rags).
Basic tips for choosing a sewing machine
Based on these indicators, you can choose the onesewing machine, which you will like. But even if you know all the subtleties of the sewing machine, you will need our simple additional tips on how to choose the right sewing machine:
- When choosing a machine, be sure to try it inaction, find out what is included in its kit. If the kit with a machine you like is small, then you need to immediately find out from the seller where to buy them.
- Before buying exactly for yourself decide what functions you need, and choose a machine with this set of operations, and not with a large one, so as not to overpay for those opportunities that you do not need.
- Decide on the manufacturer of the sewing machine. Some companies have been working on the market for more than 100 years (for example, Singer), some have appeared recently, but the quality of assembly, as a rule, is the same for all manufacturers. Inexpensive sewing machines are manufactured by such companies as Brother and Jaguar, high-end machines are created by the firms Praff, Huqsvarna and Bernina.
- Learn how to make a warrantymaintenance of the sewing machine, what is the warranty period and where can I go when it ends. Be sure to ask the seller instructions for working with a typewriter in Russian.