How to connect a gas boiler?
Watch the video
Gas heating is one of the most convenient types of heating for private homes. However, not many homeowners tend to connect gas heating, considering it to be very difficult and costly. In fact, it is not so difficult. From our article you will learn how to connect a gas boiler to the electrical grid or the heating system. The main thing is to comply with all fire safety regulations and correctly place the boiler in the house.
Please note that the gas boiler is not installed near the window in order to avoid accidental moisture. If this happens, a short-circuit in the power grid may occur, causing a fire.
- Install a special grounded outlet with a stabilized mains voltage.
- Connect the socket using a circuit breaker that is designed for a current flow of 6 Amps. Use only copper cable with automatic chopper.
- Connect the boiler to the switchboard.
- Put the dielectric insert between the boiler and the gas pipe.
- Connect the boiler to the mains using an automatic on and off device.
In the case of frequent blackouts in the private sector, it is recommended to connect to an induction generator, which provides uninterrupted power supply. This way you will avoid freezing the gas boiler in winter.
Connection to the heating system
Gas boilers have the location of pipes, identical to the elements of the heating system. Therefore, the connection is as follows:
- At both ends of the gas boiler there are nozzles to which it is necessary to connect elements of the heating system. On the left, a pipe is connected, through which hot water enters the radiators, and on the right, a pipe, through which coolant returns (return flow).
- When connecting, use sealants to achieve effective insulation of the heating system.
- Install a coarse filter on the return pipe. Due to this, the dirty water circulating in the heating radiator will not get into the gas boiler.
- Install shut-off valves - they will prevent the accumulation of air in the pipes.
In addition to the proposed options, the gas boiler can be connected to the ventilation system, as well as directly to the house a metal pipe from the central gas pipe located on the street.