How to connect a smartphone via WiFi?
Modern smartphones based on Android OS havemany functions of personal computers. Among other things, they can be used in the home network for the purpose of data exchange. To do this, it is enough to connect the smartphone to the computer via WiFi, which is quite possible for each user.
PC-Smartphone Network: Features
The easiest way to connect a smartphone over WiFi is by creating a local wireless network. This will allow:
Network PC-Smartphone: creation
For inclusion in the home network of PC and smartphonecan be used as a physical router (more convenient), and virtual. In the first case, problems usually do not arise. In the second, you will have to resort to installing and configuring an additional program (for free). This is done as follows:
After that, you must disable password-protected access in the Network and Sharing Center.
Set up your smartphone
Join the existing WiFi network on your smartphone is easy. For this:
- enter the settings of the smartphone;
- open the section "Wireless networks";
- include WiFi;
- go to the subsection "Wi-Fi settings";
- click on the network found;
- enter the password and connect.
Now the smartphone has access to the Internet. You can also view the shared folders of your computer using a file manager (for example, ES Explorer). This is done as follows:
- run ES Explorer;
- click on the icon with the arrow in the upper left corner;
- select the "LAN" item;
- press the menu button;
- select the item "Create";
- select "Server";
- in the field "Address" we write 192.168.137.1;
- in the "Login" field, specify the name of your account in Windows;
- in the field "Password" we specify the password of your account in Windows (without the password of the system there may be problems);
- we press the button "OK".
Now to view the "extended" folders and filesin Windows it is enough to click on the icon of the created server. For more information on these issues, please visit our articles. How to connect your phone to your laptop and how to use your smartphone.