How to connect the central lock?
Watch the video
Before installing the central lock, you must pay attention to its device. The lock consists of a control unit and an executive part, which can be of two types - mechanics or pneumatics. The principle of the lock: the driver turns the key in the lock, the contacts transmit the command to the control unit, and from it it is transmitted to the devices that are responsible for opening and closing the doors. If an accident occurs, the opening of the door occurs automatically. So, we will understand how to install it yourself.
Equipment and tools
- Car alarm in working condition, which should already be installed in your car. Car alarms should be equipped with power outlets to control door locks.
- Central locking (2 sets). Otherwise, they are also called solenoids, activators, electric drives, act (s) ators.
- Copper two-core wires with a diameter of 0.75 squares. The cable will need up to 4 meters.
- Plastic clamps in an amount not less than ten.
- Insulating tape, wire cutters, soldering iron, screwdriver, heat shrinkable tubing, solder, drill and drill bits, multimeter, extension cord, etc.
Step-by-step instructions will explain how to connect the central locking yourself, without the help of professionals or experienced amateurs. The process is quite simple, but it is necessary to observe safety precautions, since the execution of this work is associated with electricity. The installation of the lock will take no more than one and a half hours.
- It is necessary to carefully remove the casing and curtains from the car doors to protect against dust, so that they do not get damaged and do not interfere with work.
- Now you need to disconnect from the battery terminals.
- Then you should choose the right place to connect the lock (it is necessary to consider how the windows are located).
- With the help of screws on the chosen place, a lock is fastened (activators, solenoids, etc.).
- Check how the lock and the rod interact with each other, since it depends on the rod whether the button locking the doors will rise and fall correctly.If their interaction with each other is normal, then the button will work smoothly and without tension.
- Setting the electrical circuit of the lock - from the activators it is necessary to stretch two wires to the door, for opening and closing of which the lock will be responsible, and two - to another activator.
- Pulling the wires necessary through the tube-corrugation, which will protect the wires from chafing. Particular attention should be paid to the junction of the doors with the body.
- Next, the wires are pulled under the flooring of the car and up to the castle. It is advisable to choose a place for the wires to prevent moisture from entering them. Therefore, they should not be mounted at the bottom of the door.
- Next, you need to use the instructions and make it connect the wires to the unit and alarm. Connection is desirable to carry out through the terminals.
- It is necessary to check each door - if the lock is functioning correctly, you may need to adjust the clips.
- If everything works fine, then it is necessary to re-install the door paneling and dust cover.