How to connect the cigarette lighter?
Watch the video
To connect devices such as mobilephone, laptop, heater, player, DVR and much more in the car there is a cigarette lighter. Many motorists are thinking how to connect the cigarette lighter independently and do without attracting professionals to this process.
To successfully connect, the following tools are needed:
- File (you can replace it with a file);
- Soldering iron.
Stages of connection
- It is necessary to unscrew the nut from the back of the cigarette lighter.
- Now we need to disassemble the device by its components.
- In the lowest part of the cigarette lighter, you need to find a semiconductor plate (since this part often contributes to the fact that the device refuses to work correctly).
- The plate must be removed from the device, it is not needed.
- Using the file, you need to cut the ledge on the body of the device.
- After that, the device needs to be assembled.
- The wires for connecting the cigarette lighter should be exposed at the ends approximately 7 millimeters.
- Crimp on all terminal wires.
- The wires must also be marked with a polarity so that they do not mix up and connect the wires incorrectly during their connection. Otherwise, a short circuit may occur.
- Next, remove the center console of the car.
- It is also better to remove the armrest and the casing at the lever,so it will be much more convenient, although you will have to deal with this a lot, as it will be necessary to unscrew several screws that are in difficult places for accessibility.
- Disconnect the illuminated wires.
- Now you need to remove the block.
- Then connect the wires, for this special clips are used for the connection.
- The first wire is connected to the wire from the backlight, which should be a white-brown color.
- The second and third wires must be connected directly to the wires of the cigarette lighter itself, one of the wires must be black, and the other must be yellow.
- Now we need to take electrical tape and wrap the wires in several places so that when further manipulation with them they are not separated from each other.
- The wires need to be dragged down and connected to the cigarette lighter socket.
- Install the cigarette lighter in the right place, for this you first need to push the ring from it, then insert its glass.
- Ends the procedure for installing the backlight unit.
In the event that suddenly the diameter of the ring is notcoincides, if the ring is wider in diameter than the hole, you will have to use a file (or file) to make a hole that resembles a diameter. It is very important to connect not to confuse the wires and connect them correctly. After connecting the device, you should immediately check whether it functions normally.
If something in his work is not so, then it means,that there are errors in the connection that need to be corrected. If everything was connected correctly, the cigarette lighter will work properly, all necessary devices will be provided with the necessary amount of energy.
About what other car devices are, you can read in our section Car accessories.