How to connect the sewer?
Watch the video
Not everyone knows how to connect the sewage on their own without the help of experts. This process is not as complicated as it may seem at first glance. You just need to follow certain nuances and rules. At the first stage it is recommended to create a scheme and correlate it with the apartment plan.
Place of installation of sanitary devices
First you need to decide on the location of the pipes.
- The basis for designing sewer gravity systems formed two principles: the straightness of sections and the angle of inclination.
- The sewage pipeline works effectively with a slope of 2% to 3%. The edge of the meter pipe near the riser should be 2 cm lower from the opposite edge.
- It is worth noting that the farther the plumbing device is located from the riser, the higher the sewer pipe should rise from it.
- When installing the sewage system in the apartment of various branches and fittings, there should be a minimum quantity.
For laying sewer pipes to a private house, a special trench is needed.The depth of the furrows is set according to the depth of soil freezing and depends on the specific area. It should be noted that the depth of laying sewers in the ground should not be carried out at a distance of 0.5 m from the surface. After preparing the trench, you can begin to install the pipeline. Start work from the foundation of the building.
Installing sewer pipes in a trench
- When installing an outdoor sewage system, experts recommend pouring a layer of sand up to 20 cm thick to the bottom of the trench. This measure will save you from excessive pressure.
- Special attention should be paid to the joints and seals sewer pipes.
- It is recommended to install a tee after every 2 m of pipe. This will create an audit, which in the event of clogging of the pipe will provide quick cleaning of the pipeline.
Conducting domestic sewage
- At installation of sewer pipes from polypropylene it is necessary to know precisely the number of drain sources.
- In homes with a large number of sanitary appliances, it is recommended to use pipes with a diameter greater than 100 mm.
- It is worth noting that in some cases it is necessary to join pipes of different diameters, for this purpose special adapters are used, which ensures high-quality sealing.
- Gaskets should not be damaged to prevent leakage.
- The riser must be equipped with an audit, it is installed at a height of about 1 m.
- The exhaust pipe is mounted above the roof of the house at a distance of about 0.7 m.
Reliable ventilation of the riser ensures high-quality ventilation of the entire sewer system installed in a private house and apartment.