How to cook pork goulash?
Goulash is a traditional Hungarian dish, but despite this, it has become widespread in many countries around the world. Goulash is made in different regions in its own way, using different types of meat. Today there are many recipes for this dish. Each hostess has her own secrets and methods of obtaining the perfect taste. For the preparation of traditional Hungarian goulash, usually used veal or beef. We in this material will tell about how to cook goulash from pork, in view of the popularity of this meat in our country. This recipe is simple, however, it does not affect the taste of the dish.
Pork goulash: cooking
For cooking pork goulash for four guests, we need: 0.5 kilograms of meat, one onion and a tablespoon of flour. In addition, the dish requires three tablespoons of tomato paste and the same amount of vegetable oil, as well as 5-6 black peppercorns, two bay leaves and two teaspoons of salt.Black chili pepper, which can be added to the dish to taste, is also worth it. The cooking time of goulash from this amount of food will take about 55-60 minutes.
- In order for the meat to turn out juicy and soft, and the gravy perfectly complements the side dish, it is necessary to fry pork with tomato paste and flour a little before stewing.
- Start cooking with washing the meat in a stream of cold water.
- After that, the pork is cut into small pieces. Next, pour the vegetable oil into the pan and heat it a little. Then the meat is laid out there and fried for about 5 minutes on a small fire. In this case, the pork must be stirred for even roasting.
- The next step is the onion, which is finely chopped and laid out in the pan. Together with the meat it is necessary to roast on medium heat for about 5-7 minutes. Do not forget to periodically stir the contents of the pan.
- Next you need to pepper and salt the future goulash, as well as add the flour and black pepper peas. Fry all this, stirring for about 3 minutes.
- After that comes the turn of tomato paste.Three spoons of this product should be added to the dish and how to mix.
- Next, add a bay leaf and two glasses of cold water. Then the dish is covered with a lid, and stewed for about 30 minutes over low heat.
How to serve goulash
Continuing the conversation about how to cook pork goulash, you need to pay attention to the issue of its serving on the table. The finished dish should be seasoned with finely chopped greens. You can serve goulash on the table with any side dish, but this dish is best combined with mashed potatoes with pickles or salad.
Sometimes goulash is served with small "chick", which are pieces of dough, similar to dumplings. For this, they need to be molded from the dough and at the very end of cooking the dishes add to the pan. The dough can be cooked any, to your own taste. The main thing is that the "chip" were small, then they do not need long-term heat treatment.