How to draw anime characters?
Watch the video
To learn how to draw anime characters, you need to understand what is special about them and how anime characters are different from others.
To understand how to draw anime characters, you need to understand their distinctive features.
- The special shape of the eyes - the eyes, perhaps the most important attribute of the anime character, they are large, bright with a careful drawing of highlights and colors. Closed eyes in the anime are also drawn in a special way - a bright and even line of eyelashes with a corner or an arc of closed eyes. On the Internet there are a large number of lessons on how to draw anime eyes with a pencil.
- Simplified facial features - a little attention is paid to the nose, mouth, cheekbones, they are indicated by thin lines and usually small in size, these are just dashes and corners.
- Fantasy and futuristic - anime characters may look completely unrealistic, they may have hair of unnatural colors, ears may be pointed or even cat-like.Anime characters are a field for unlimited fantasy.
We draw anime: technique
How to draw anime chibi characters.
- Building a body - since anime characters do not require extreme realism, you can choose different proportions, either the standard head-to-body ratio (1: 6) or exaggerated (1: 3). If you want to draw a little character called Chibi (from the Japanese designation of a little person), you can use fairly simple lines and drawing techniques. This style is good for beginners. So, Chibi's head is big and the body is 1.5-2 heads. Mark the head with the circle and the body with a vertical line.
- We draw the body - the ability to correctly draw hands or feet is not required, they can be drawn rounded at the ends, like long sausages. The lines of the figure do not need to be drawn.
- We draw a face - on the oval of your head, mark the line of hair growth, mark eyebrows under it, this type of character has a big forehead, so that the eyes will be below the middle of the head circle. Eyes begin to draw with large circles of the iris, put on them the light glare, the same on both eyes, darken the icons in the middle,and at the top and bottom put down the open lines of eyelashes, do not close them on the inside, draw only the outer corner of the eye. Nose can be designated point. We draw a small mouth.
- Add hair - they are not drawn by individual hairs, but by the whole mass at once, draw the contour of the hairstyle and designate the volume of hair with several lines or individual thick strands.
- We draw clothes - it can be a school uniform, a simple dress or even cat hair with a tail and ears. Show your imagination.