How to get rid of mosquitoes?
Summer is the most long-awaited season of the year, because at this time you can relax and unwind. But often rest spoil unpleasant insects - flies, gadflies, gadflies and mosquitoes. Mosquitoes are especially annoying, because besides sick bites, they can cause a dangerous disease. Nowadays, there are many ways to get rid of mosquitoes ...
- The best and safest option for homes and apartments is to install meshes on the windows. It is environmentally friendly, safe for health, perfectly protects against mosquitoes and guarantees fresh air in the room.
- Fumigants and repellents. These are well-known insect pesticides. Fumigants are evaporating or smoking substances in the form of various aerosols and liquids. They kill mosquitoes. Examples of fumigants are a smoking spiral or an electrofumigator with interchangeable plates. They can easily be found in the store. Fumigants are inexpensive and well-rescued from mosquitoes in the room. Repellents are found in the form of aerosols, ointments and lotions that are applied to human skin.The latter are designed to scare away mosquitoes. It is better to choose lotions and ointments, as they are safer. A person smeared with a good repellent becomes “tasteless food” for mosquitoes, and they fly past. However, when using them, do not forget that these are chemical agents. This means that they should not be used more often than once every 3 hours, applied to damaged skin, around the eyes, nostrils and mouth. When you come home and are not going anywhere, the product should be washed with soap and water.
- Mosquitoes are found where the environment is humid. Therefore, sometimes it helps to save from them high-quality drying of the basement, because in this place it is often wet.
- Modern way of dealing with mosquitoes - ultrasound. It lies in the fact that a person on a special device includes an ultrasound of a certain frequency that is inaudible to human ears. While the device is working, ultrasounds are caught by mosquitoes, and this causes a terrible panic in them. Naturally, they will not come close to the sound source.
- How to get rid of mosquitoes in the forest? Mosquito can be disoriented. They are very distracting bright light. Therefore, the included lamp, flashlight, any other luminous device will confuse mosquitoes.And on the evening picnic a bright bonfire will help. The more smoke from the fire and the brighter the flame, the less mosquitoes fly nearby. Strengthen the effect of dry juniper needles, thrown into a fire or heated over camphor flame.
- Without resorting to hazardous chemicals, you can get rid of mosquitoes with harmless odors and plants. Mosquitoes do not tolerate the smells of cinnamon, anise, clove, eucalyptus, mint, valerian, lavender, geranium, thyme, wormwood, tea tree. Surround yourself with these smells or apply one or more essential oils of these plants on exposed skin (carefully read the instructions and contraindications before use). Also, mosquitoes do not like the smell of tomato tops. Therefore, a few pots with tomato bushes on the window sills and a balcony will save your home from annoying insects. Mosquitoes do not favor the smells of fresh walnut leaves, leaves and flowers of basil and bird cherry, elderberry branches. A decoction of wheatgrass root will save you at night. They can wash and quietly go to bed without fear of being bitten. Carbolic acid will also help preserve your sleep. Apply a small amount of acid to the walls near the bed and to exposed skin. Feverfew is also a natural remedy that is good at saving from mosquitoes.It can be purchased at the pharmacy.
These are the main means of combating harmful insects.