How to put parquet?
Flooring is the final stage of repair. Among the most popular flooring is parquet due to its noble appearance, environmental friendliness and durability. If you decide to make the floors in the apartment yourself, you need to know how to put parquet correctly so that it will serve you for many years.
Principles of laying parquet
Before laying parquet, you should follow certain rules:
- the base must be as flat as possible (the difference is not more than 2 mm per 2 square meters), dry (maximum 5% humidity) and clean;
- humidity in the room should not exceed 60%;
- the moisture level of the parquet must correspond to the room; for this, parquet boards must be in this premise for 6 days.
How to put parquet in different ways
- According to the lags. Wooden logs are laid on the floor level, and then covered with moisture-resistant plywood. In the reserve space under the floor, you can place the means of communication, heat and sound insulation materials.
- On plywood.Plywood used as a link between the parquet and the cement screed should be moisture resistant and have a thickness of at least 12 mm. Standard plywood sheet is cut at least into 4 parts, glued, leaving compensation gaps of 3-4 mm, and then fixed with screws. In case of detection of irregularities, plywood is ground and ground.