How to make a garden?
The times when amateur gardeners planted only cucumbers, onions, fennel, several potato beds and, at best, a couple of rose bushes for the soul on their legitimate three hundred square meters, they are gone. A modern garden plot should look completely different - landscape design is now in vogue. The garden, from a place where food was previously harvested, has today turned into a comfortable area for relaxation with family and friends. Properly planned and well-kept garden is the true pride of its owner. The main thing in arranging such a garden is a scientific approach to planting plants and a creative look at their selection and combination with each other. Let's try to highlight the basic rules of arrangement of a good garden.
How to make your own garden: tips
- Before proceeding directly to the purchase and planting,First, you should make a detailed plan of your possessions with reference to the cardinal points. On a sheet of paper it is necessary to designate all country houses, indicate the location of paths, garden gate and entrance gate. Only after that you can proceed to the planning of plantings and make the final decision on how to design the garden.
- Each suburban area has outbuildings that are better placed in the background of the garden. In addition, it is desirable to hide them from prying eyes behind the trellis with climbing plants, for example, girlish grapes, ivy or clematis.
- You should not plant tall trees in front of the facade of the house, as over time they will unnecessarily obscure the living space. At this place it is best to break a large beautiful flower bed. The most beautiful flower beds are obtained if both perennial and annual plants are planted on them at the same time. This allows you to admire the flowers from mid-May until the very first frost.
- It would be good to plant the perimeter of the dacha territory with thick bushes, which will soon turn into a real hedge, it is enough to trim it from time to time. Such a fence will reliably hide the garden from prying eyes and at the same time it looks much more attractive than an ordinary fence.
- In the far corner of the garden should choose a well-lit place - it will be possible to place fruit trees, raspberries, gooseberries, black currants, and behind the berry bushes hide vegetable and strawberry beds.
- Often, novice amateur designers who want to design their garden asYou can do better, try to place in a small area everything that you have ever seen in advertising brochures - arches, fountains, garden gnomes and other decorative delights. To do this, of course, is not worth it. Such a garden looks ridiculous and tasteless. For a small garden area, a shady arbor and picnic area are quite enough.
- Every really good garden should have a carefully maintained lawn, which immediately gives it a respectable look.
- You should not get too carried away with various exotic plants, it should be remembered that taking care of them is sometimes very complicated and it is quite possible that the result will not be worth the effort. Good old irises, dahlias and peonies can bring you much more joy than newfangled flowers.
- If the size of the site allows, then near the house you can create a small artificial pond, decorated with decorative stones and lined with water-loving plants.
- Be sure to think over the color range of planted flowers and plants - excessive diversity hurts the eyes and does not add beauty to your favorite garden.Choose two main harmonizing colors, for example, white and pink or yellow and purple and try to withstand most of the colors in these colors.
- Another interesting idea how to design your garden, if it is not very large, is to place in several places on the lawn alpine slides, whichoccupy a little space, unpretentious in care and look great from early spring to late autumn. Alpine hills (rock arias) are a peculiar composition of stones and various, as a rule, undersized plants with small flowers and decorative leaves.