How to make a motorcycle?
Watch the video
Making a motorcycle with your own hands includes several stages: preparation, selection of parts, creation of drawings and directly assembly. Each of these stages is extremely important, because it affects the final result. Therefore, carefully study the features and nuances of making motorcycles. To operate a homemade device in the city, it will need to register. Begin the work with the preparation of the necessary tools and materials.
Materials and tools
In order to make a motorcycle with your own hands you will need:
- old bike;
- fuel tank;
- a hammer;
- various keys;
- hose clamps;
- bolts, nuts and washers;
- putty, primer, paint for metal.
Having decided how you want to see your new motorcycle, study the legislative framework for the technical means of individual assembly.
Study of technical requirements
To begin, you will have to study the "Specifications for mopeds, scooters and motorcycles, made individually."This is a fundamental document, if your vehicle is not completed in accordance with it, you will not be able to use it to move along the streets of populated areas. This set of rules you can not adhere to if you plan to drive around the courtyard of your own summer cottage, in all other cases, be careful and act with an eye to the instructions of the legislation.
For example, here are some specifications for specifications:
- all parts must be of mass production (for registration);
- parts should only be from motorcycles and mopeds (i.e. not automotive);
- engine power can not be less than 12 l / s and more than 60 l / s per ton of vehicle.
In addition, there are requirements for the strength of the frame, but this figure already depends on the weight of the structure.
If you have used parts at your disposal, you will need to prepare them in advance.
Preparation of parts for a motorcycle
Initially, you need to decide what you will make your unit from. In the proposed version, your mini-motorcycle will consist of a bicycle (which must be removed from the pedals), an engine from a moped, a silencer and a fuel tank.
All components must first prepare:
- Rusty parts put soak in kerosene, and then clean from corrosion.
- Go over the painted surfaces with sandpaper to get rid of peeling paint (while the parts are not assembled, it will be easier to do).
- Align the deep dents on the fuel tank (if any),small ones will disappear under a layer of primer and putty.
- Inspect the wheels of the bike: you may need to replace the spokes, cameras and so on.
- If funds allow, give the steering wheel and wheels for chrome plating to specialists. As a result, the final version will attract the attention of others.
- Taking the old engine, be prepared for the fact that it needs to immediately go through and adjust. Immediately replace the connecting rods and camshaft, in addition, you need to repress the guides and install new valve seats. All this is done to ensure that after the start of operation of the motorcycle, you do not have problems with the constantly failing motor.
After you have finished preparing the parts, make the drawings of the future transport, this will help you save time during assembly.
How to draw a motorcycle
It is necessary to create good drawings of the model of the device, each detail separately and a drawing of the unit in section.You will need all of them to properly assemble the bike and register it in the future.
To make it easier for you to make drawings, use these tips:
- Prepare the workplace: there should be drawing paper on the table,pencils of different hardness, ruler, tape measure, calculator (for calculating the scale).
- Nearby must also be all the details of the future of the motorcycle in a disassembled state. You will measure them, and then specify the dimensions in the drawing.
- Make a plan first, where in all colors depict the future unit and all accessories.
- Complete the drawings of each part separately. Specify the size.
- Draw a motorcycle in section, this drawing you need to properly assemble the technique.
After completing all the preliminary steps, you can begin to assemble your hardware.
Build a motorcycle
To assemble all parts of a motorcycle, follow these steps:
- Attach the fuel tank by welding in accordance with the drawing. It is better to use hot welding, as the two-component cold is not so reliable.
- Also attach the muffler and engine to the bicycle frame.
- All parts of the motorcycle, designed for painting, must be plastered and primed.
- Begin to paint, use high-quality moisture-resistant paint to ensure the unit aesthetic appearance.
You can see the result of the creation of a motorcycle on the basis of a bicycle by viewing the video on this page.
A self-made motorcycle will always be one of a kind, already noted by many craftsmen, that even if one person tries to create two completely identical technical means, they are still individual.