How to make an airbrush?
Today, the so-called aerography has become the most popular activity of not only young people, but also older people. This is a certain kind of art, which for many has already become a hobby. It lies in the fact that on any surface you can apply a drawing with an airbrush. And in this article, we will provide in the smallest details information on how to make an airbrush. Since novice airbrushes do not have the means to purchase expensive professional tools. But with the help of a self-made airbrush you can get an excellent practice that will help to become a professional in this business.
For a start, it is worth noting that such a special device, for applying to the surface of drawings, called an airbrush, looks like a spray gun. By the way, it has similar functions with it, but the airbrush can produce various types of paint streams, from narrower to spray, it all depends on how you configure it. In addition, the airbrush is much better than the well-known sprayer, because the paint jet is much thinner, which allows you to make the drawing more accurate and voluminous.
Most often, drawings made by an airbrush can be found on cars or motorcycles. And you must admit, they really look impeccable, and, in fact, the pleasure is not at all cheap. But it is natural that they are made by professional airbrushing masters. A homemade device will not be able to make a drawing with the same precision, displaying all the details. But for a start, this is exactly what is needed, if the purpose of using an improvised tool is to teach the art of airbrushing.
Doing an airbrush with your own hands is quite simple and it will not take a lot of time. The same materials used for its design, not expensive. They are simple, primitive and have every home. So, we list the main materials that we need in the course of the work:
- Ballpoint pen without rod in the middle
- Glue and solvent
- A small piece of plasticine
- For the first stage, we need a pen, a solvent and a needle. First, take the ballpoint pen and pull out a metal head from it. Blow through the rod until all the ink has spilled. Now clean the rod with a solvent.Then, take a needle and pull out the ball, which is in the metal head, and wash it with a solvent, then put the metal head back into the rod. By the way, we select the solvent so that the body of the handle does not collapse from its impact, and subsequently it was not necessary to constantly change it.
- Here we need plastic and glue. We take plastic and cut out two strips of 15 mm wide and 2 cm in length. Take the glue and glue these strips at a right angle. Then we drill one small hole for the rod, and the second - measuring under the body of the ballpoint pen. They should be located on the axis of symmetry.
- And at the last stage, insert the rod and the body of the handle in the corresponding holes. Next, move them so that the end of the rod slightly overlaps the hole made for the body of the ballpoint pen.
- We begin to paint, for this you need to lower one end of the ballpoint pen into the paint and blow the other end.
Improving a homemade airbrush
- This airbrush often connect the compressor from the refrigerator. You can also make a paint supply valve so that you can adjust the jet.
- In addition, comfortable handles are attached, since sometimes it takes a long time to draw and the hand gets tired to keep exactly the same level, even if it is not heavy, an instrument.
However, there can be a lot of ideas, and here all means are good, you just have to look at the components and all the possibilities of a professional airbrush. In addition, you can visit the sites specially created for beginners and professional airbrushes, where everyone shares their ideas and advice, however, for this, you must already have an airbrush done to learn how to improve it and what can be fixed.
Also, in the vast global Internet network, posted a video, which presents an independent assembly of the airbrush from various materials and shows their capabilities. In addition, for beginners airbrushes will be useful videos, where professionals paint on a particular surface. And many of them, talk about how they themselves, in the initial stages of their profession, used a similar tool made by themselves. What interesting drawings, on what surfaces they painted, and what disadvantages they identified for themselves in working with such a tool.
Now, you know how to make an airbrush with your own hands, without spending a lot of time and making it as well as possible. And do not forget to view new information on this topic, which does not make you wait, and also learns from those who have already passed the drawing stage with such a far from professional tool before becoming a sought-after master. Therefore, it is necessary not to give up, but to strive for self-improvement. And we, in turn, want to wish you good luck in new undertakings and success in creativity.