How to restore the factory settings of the laptop?
Watch the video
It is often necessary to restore factory settings on a laptop due to the fact that the operating system starts to malfunction. You can reset the computer to the factory settings by yourself. This process takes place in several stages and depends on the model of the laptop. Next, we offer a few instructions on specific models of laptops.
Reset settings on Asus
To return the Asus notebook to the factory settings, you must perform the following steps:
- Disable fast boot (Boot Booster) in BIOS. To do this, click on the power button of the laptop, immediately after starting the download, hold down the F2 key. After that, you will be redirected to the BIOS settings, you will need to select the “Boot” tab, then click on “Boot Booster”, then click on Enter and select “Disabled” using the arrows. You will now be moved to another section. In it, you need to click on the “Save changes and exit” command and wait for it to activate.
- Turn on the laptop again, and then press the F9 key. After that, the system will begin preparation for data recovery.
- A message appears on the screen stating that all user settings will be deleted. You will need to confirm this action by clicking on OK. After that, all the necessary processes will occur automatically, you just have to wait for them to complete.
Reset settings on Acer
To reset the settings on an Acer laptop, you will need to do the following:
- Turn on the computer, then start to hold the Alt key and constantly press the F10 button.
- The operating system will ask for a password. By default it is: 000000
- A menu will appear on the screen, select the Factory reset item in it, and the factory settings will be restored.
Reset to HP
To restore the HP laptop to its factory settings, do the following:
- Turn on the portable device, press and hold the F11 key.
- The Recovery Manager software will appear on the screen, with which you can restore factory settings.
- In its main menu, select System Recovery, then the system will reset the user settings in automatic mode.
Reset to Toshiba
To restore the factory settings on your Toshiba laptop, you will need to complete the following steps:
- Turn on the computer, and then press and hold the 0 key on the keyboard for 30-45 seconds.
- When the device starts beeping, you need to release the 0 button and wait until the operating system automatically resets the operating system.
Resetting to Sony
Restoring factory settings to a Sony laptop is easy. You must complete these steps:
- Turn on the laptop, press and hold the F10 key.
- A message appears on the screen that factory reset will begin (Factory reset), you will need to click on “OK” and wait until the system completes the specified operation (its duration is no more than 5 minutes).
Resetting to Samsung
It is necessary to reset the settings on a Samsung laptop using a special utility. It is always present in the Windows operating system and is called Samsung Recovery Solution. To run it and perform a reset, you need to do the following:
- When you turn on the laptop, press and hold the F4 key for a few seconds.
- After that, the system utility will start, in its main menu, select Restore.
- On the tab that opens, click Complete Restore, and then select an item called Computer Initial Status.
- A message will appear on the screen about the start of the factory restore operation, click on “OK” to confirm this action, and wait for the system to complete its work.
Please note that after restoring the factory settings, you will need to restart your laptop computer again. This must be done in order to activate the laptop. After that, it will be attended by the operating system (if it was previously installed by the manufacturer) with a standard set of programs, or just a black screen will appear (if the OS has not been installed by the manufacturer). In the latter case, you will need to install Windows and complete all necessary settings.