More often than not, we do not think about how great the value of a name is. But it is a peculiar identifier of a person, a means of personalization and individualization.
In addition, it is believed that the name imposes an imprint on the fate and character, as well as affecting health. Therefore, to choose a name for the child is worth carefully. And here you need to carefully read the most popular names and their meanings. As a rule, parents, before conceiving a baby, know how it will be called. But during the nine months of pregnancy they are puzzled if the name will suit the baby. However, there are cases when the name comes up after birth. In some countries, the law requires children to be called right in the hospital. But the Russians are lucky, after the birth of the baby, moms and dads have another month to think about before registering a newborn at the registry office.
At the time of our grandparents, things were much easier. The name of the baby was given according to the calendar. That is, they gave the name of the saint, on the day of which the child was born or was baptized.And before the adoption of Christianity, people walked with nicknames, and the nickname could change several times in their lives, and it was surely a speaker. Therefore, the most popular names in Russia then were Lyudmila (or “dear people”) and Vladimir (or “owns the world”)
After the adoption of Christianity, the new names were mainly Greek and Latin. People could not get used to foreign nicknames, so many had two names at once - the church and the worldly. But gradually they got used to the new names, they were slightly modified, and they became like the native Russians. After the 1917 revolution, mothers and fathers began to give vent to fantasy. There was a mass of names, neologisms. Often, babies were called compound-reduced derivatives of the slogans of the time. That only is Ninel (Lenin vice versa), Vector (Great Communism triumphs) or Dazdraperma (Long live May Day!). People continue to invent and now. Children are called names: Google, Hacker or Lamer.
How to choose a baby name?
- look at the calendar. Look at the calendar, find the date of birth of the child and see who celebrates the name on that day or the next.Choose the most liked option.
- pay tribute to the memory. For example, to name a baby in honor of a man who left a deep mark in the life of a parent. For example, a relative or friend.
- to study the etymology, meaning and secret of the name. Previously, children were called by names about which they had a superficial idea.
But now in each store you can find the most popular names of girls and boys, and in the dictionaries there is information about their etymology and meaning. And now, many parents will think a few times before registering a child and always look into similar dictionaries.
- read esoteric literature. Numerology and astrology proves that the name affects the fate of a person. And in order to be successful, it is necessary to analyze it from the point of view of astronomerology and look at the connection with the date of birth.
- succumb to fashion trends. Every time there is a fashion for certain names. As a result, several can be poking around in the same sandbox at the same time, for example, Kat and Misha. Moreover, each parent thinks that he chose the name of the baby himself, without looking at the others. But it turns out that the original idea comes to everyone at the same time.
Thus, the most popular male names and the most popular female names in recent times bring thoughts of the past. The parents had a craze to name the kids by church and old Russian names, such as Emelya, Luke, Adam, Trofim, Myron and Pelageya. Nevertheless, the most popular names in Russia, from among the usual, Alexander and Anastasia. In Belarus, you can meet a lot of Nastya, Dash, Artyomov and Vladislavov, and in Ukraine, in addition to Anastasii, Alexandrov, Daniilov and Alin register.
- Show originality. Some mothers and fathers prefer to give the baby an original, rather than fashionable name. Sometimes they are so creative that they cannot be compared with Dazdraperma. For example, recently a girl in the Moscow region was named Viagra, and a boy from Tagil was named Prahlada.
What to consider when choosing a name
- a combination of name and patronymic. At their junction should not be a lot of vowels or consonants in a row. The combination, as a rule, does not cause much enthusiasm among their carriers in the future because of the mangling. For example, Yulia Yuryevna can be called Yuriy Yulevna, and Alexander Alexandrovich San Sanych.
And it's not just in pronunciation.Name with patronymic should not be dissonant with each other, as in the case of different nationalities with name and patronymic. For example, Ivan Washingtonism or Madison Petrovna sounds comical and not harmonious. If the Pope has an old Russian name, then in the same spirit it is necessary to name the daughter or son.
- a combination of names and surnames. Here the same situation as in the name and patronymic. Everything should sound harmonious. Do not give the baby with a simple last name an exotic name. Agree, Juliet Sidorova or Juan-Carlos Gorshkov are quite unfortunate options.
Therefore, it is better to give exotic names to babies with an exotic name. Matthew Rum, for example, is quite worthy.
- diminutive name. It is better if the name has a few diminutive options. For example, Anna can be called Anya, Anyuta, Nyura. If the name has no such options, then in childhood it will be invented anyway. And not the fact that it will be "cute."
- initials. Of course, a trifle, but ugly initials can cause discomfort. Of the three letters there can be something ugly or even indecent. Borisova Lilia Yakovlevna - obviously not an option.
Psychologists who are researching the influence of names on a person’s character recommend that winter children be called melodious, soft names, with a large number of vowels and sonors (l, m, p, n, nd). This will help smooth the severity of winter babies.
Spring is better to choose names harder. This will help give them strength and confidence. These are the names in which G, D, F, E, R. stand out. Summer chad is better to call unusual and sonorous names. To kids were purposeful and active. And autumn is called simple and calm options.
But you can choose the most popular names for girls and boys in 2011 and 2012:
Catherine, Anastasia, Daria, Maria, Anna, Polina, Elizaveta, Victoria. Maxim, Alexander, Ivan, Dmitry, Artem, Nikita, Daniel, Michael, Andrey, Yegor.