Stained glass is a real work of art, their types and methods of use in home interior
The ceilings decorated with stained-glass windows are considered to be truly beautiful, often such beauty is found in private houses, but apartment owners also try to keep up with fashion. The production of stained glass has been happening since ancient times, when it was customary for them to decorate the arches of magnificent cathedrals and churches, such masterpieces of ancient masters can still be seen by visiting one of these historic sites throughout Europe.
In addition, you can simply read our article and decide to decorate at least a small stained glass window in one of the rooms of your home.
Types of stained glass
The classic version of painted glass
This technique is used by truly true masters of their craft, they are taken for it.colorful pieces of glass, which, according to the drawn sketch, are soldered together by means of brass, copper or tin.
This is the technique used by the best masters of the Middle Ages, you can also easily order stained glass windows from the specialists who, according to your design, or to the drawing offered to you, will make a real work of art with which you can surprise your relatives and neighbors.
This type of stained glass got its name due to the name of the famous 19th century artist Louis Tiffany, because it was he who for the first time decided to wrap the sides of glass fragments with foil.
What is the secret of the production technology of such stained glass?Each pre-trimmed glass is wrapped around the edges with copper tape or foil, and then sealed. And in order for the stained glass windows to have the most unique appearance, some of the glass fragments are made of a convex or concave shape.
It is with the help of this technology that glass makers create incomparable fairy-tale plots, and, of course, Tiffany's stained glass windows, most often decorating houses and apartments.
Stained glass windows or simply fusing
Extremely picturesque andcolorful stained glass windows are obtained by baking glass pieces of various colors, or by introducing wire or other materials into the glass sheet.
With the help of this technology, unsurpassed abstract images are obtained that are rightly considered to be incredible works of art.
Combined stained glass windows
In this case, the name speaks for itself, becauseThis technology includes all known methods for the production of stained glass windows.. The stained glass windows created by the combined technology always leave an unforgettable impression on anyone who has ever seen them.
The use of stained glass in everyday life
How to transform our homes with the help of stained glass windows, exactly where they can be applied:
- For decoration of interior doors and windows. In this case, the best option would be stained glass, created by Tiffany technology and the classical method of production.
- For decoration of decorative screens or partitions. Sometimes it is necessary to divide the room into certain zones, then it is such devices as screens that can be equipped with fusing technology that come to the rescue.
- Ceiling Inserts. Such ceilings most organically look in large private houses, and the best choice for these purposes will be stained glass by Tiffany technology. Especially wonderful will look such ceilings in combination with lighting.
- For decoration of doors and windows. For windows of bathrooms or winter gardens, you can use stained glass windows created by classical technology in large houses. Colorful fusing stained glass will also look good.
- For inserts in furniture and accessories. Recently, you can find chandeliers, lamps and even lockers decorated with stained glass windows, with such items it is easiest to decorate your room if you have long dreamed of beautiful stained glass in the walls of your home.
If you are a big fan of stained glass windows, do not be lazy to decorate at least some part of your house with magic glasses, especially since nowadays you can easily buy them in stores or create them to order.