Such different types of mosquitoes
Do you think all the mosquitoes are gray, buzzing and spoiling the rest of the person? Not at all. In the world there are more than 2500 varieties of these insects.
Drink human blood is not all kindsmosquitoes. Some of them prefer to "hunt" for horses and birds, others prefer the blood of frogs and lizards, there are also those that feed only on the blood of dragonflies. And some mosquitoes do not drink blood at all. The colors of these insects are also very different. A stunningly beautiful view of Sabetes from the family of True mosquitoes. It has an emerald-azure color, and the feet of these mosquitoes are decorated with fluffy brushes. The lavishness and brightness of the outfit is just right for the environment: sabetes are found in Paraguay and Guiana. There are mosquito species of bright red, piercing orange, yellow-black color. However, in Russia they are not found. Mosquitoes are very fond of heat and humidity, so the greatest diversity of species is found in the tropics. Types of mosquitoes in Russia are represented by only 120 names. Most of all in our country are mosquitoes from the genus Anopheles. They are found everywhere, except the Far East, and are the distributors of malaria. Still we can meet harmless Tipulidae, biting Culicidae and some other families that do not feed on blood.
Species, genera and families
Mosquitoes are the closest baleen relativesflies. They are found almost all over the world. It is impossible to meet mosquitoes except in the permafrost territory. All kinds of mosquitoes (they can be found on specialized resources) can be divided into several families:
- Mosquitoes are real. This family of Culicidae is often called blood-sucking or kulicide. The females of these species of mosquitoes feed on blood (not necessarily human), and males feed on nectar. Perhaps, because of his predilection for a heady nectar full of vitamins, males usually look larger and differ from females by a huge mustache. The color of these mosquito species can be anything: everything depends on the place of their habitat.
- Tipulidae, or mosquito-long-legged, causePanic terror in most of the townspeople. They suddenly fly into the window and hang under the ceiling or, jerking their long legs, or they are absurdly flying out of the grass. Yes, yes, they are absolutely undeservedly called malarial mosquitoes. In fact, centipedes are the most harmless mosquito species. Some of their family feed exclusively on dew or nectar, and the other ... does not take any water or food at all. They do not even have a proboscis. The larvae of these mosquitoes have a huge mouth, with which they gladly bite the roots of plants. Adult individuals are not very fast-paced, so they often become prey to birds. In order to save their lives, the mastiffs leave their foot to the enemy, but fly away alive. If you see how such a mosquito is circling the grass itself, almost touching the belly of the earth, know: this female lays eggs.
- The family of the Butterflyunpleasant species. These mosquitoes are small, fluffy bloodsucking creatures capable of infecting a person with leishmaniasis or mosquito fever. These serious diseases can still be found in Asia, Africa and other countries with a tropical or subtropical climate. Fortunately,within Russia mosquitoes are not found. To the same family are completely harmless butterflies. These kinds of mosquitoes got their name because of strong similarity with tiny fluffy butterflies.
- The family of Midge, or Simuliidae, is represented by 1500 species. They bite painfully, live in running water or next to it.
- Mosquitoes-ringing are known to many fishermen as "bloodworms" - they do not bite.
There are also thick-leafed mosquitoes, slimy and gall midges, mushroom mosquitoes and limonides, fruit and ground mosquitoes. Each family has thousands of species. Each of them has its own habitat.