What are the weapons?
The weapon has now become technically very difficult. Today, the weapon is mainly used by the army, as well as the police. The use and even possession of weapons by citizens is strictly controlled by law. As for what weapons are, we note that there are several classifications: by purpose, by the category of persons using it, by the principle of a destructive action, by mobility. And about what weapons are, based on the above criteria, we'll talk with you. Let's start with the most typical classification.
Weapon classification by purpose
Destructive weapons are divided into:
- steel arms
- traumatic weapon
- incendiary weapon
- throwing weapon
- rocket weapon
- torpedo weapon
- artillery weapons
- nuclear weapon
- weapons of mass destruction
- biological weapons
- chemical weapon
- unconventional, based on new advances in physics. And on this we dwell.
New types of weapons, which appeared relatively recently, are the following:
- genetic weapon
- infrasound weapon
- geophysical weapons
- climate weapon
- non-lethal weapon
- laser weapon
- ozone weapon
- psychotronic weapon
- plasma weapon
- radiological weapon
- accelerator weapon
- super high frequency weapon
- electromagnetic weapon.
Well, now, having considered modern types of weapons according to their types, let's move on to classification by categories of people using weapons. Here any weapon is subdivided into:
- combat - used to defeat the enemy in the attack and defense;
- service weapon - used by state employees. bodies and those workers who are carrying, as well as possession and use of weapons is allowed by law. In comparison with military weapons, service weapons have limited firing range and striking effect. At the same time, the storage of such weapons requires special permits.
- civil - designed for self-defense, for hunting and for sports. Civilian weapons exclude bursts of firing and has a drum or magazine capacity of no more than 10 rounds. Civilian weapons, in turn, are divided into:
- Signal - used to supply light, sound and smoke signals;
- cold blade - to wear with national costumes and Cossack uniforms;
By the principle of the damaging effect
- cold - is used to hit targets in direct contact with them;
- firearms - for hitting targets at a distance;
- pneumatic - for hitting targets at a distance, has a reduced damaging effect;
- gas - used for temporary destruction of a target at a distance by tears or other irritants;
- throwing - for hitting targets at a distance using the muscular force applied during the throw;
- mines and torpedoes.
Finally, the mobility weapon is divided into:
Types of cold arms
The last classification we’ll talk about today is different types of knives. Cold weapons are of great interest to very, very many, some even collect it. So, what is a cold steel:
- According to the purpose of use, edged weapons are subdivided, like all other types, into combat, service and civil.
- According to the method of production: factory (factory), self-made - made by master gunsmiths, handicraft - manufactured without observing any standards (forbidden weapons), converted - manufactured in several ways.
- According to the place of manufacture, edged weapons are divided into domestic and foreign production.
- According to standards, cold arms are standard and non-standard.
- According to the principle of action, edged weapons are divided into:
- slashing (swords and swords);
- piercing (rapier, lance, dagger, bayonet, stylet);
- piercing-chopping (broadsword, scimitar);
- sharp-cutting (knife, dagger, sword, bayonet-knife);
- impact-crushing (club, club, brass knuckles, brush);
- throwing (dart, spear, shuriken);
- combined action.
Also edged weapons are subdivided according to the constructive device into blade and non-blade. Blade edged weapons on the design of the blade itself is divided, in turn, on single-edged and double-edged. As for certain types of cold arms, it is worth noting that their great variety. From the hunting weapon it is possible to distinguish such types as a knife, a dagger, a stylet, a cleaver, a spear and a spear.Cold steel weapons: rapier, epee, saber, swords, spear, hammer.